Friday, April 17, 2009

Isaiah 30:21

"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'" ~Isaiah 30:21 (New International Version)

I was reading a book about 2 weeks ago and this scripture verse leapt off the page and into my brain pretty much the same way it did for the main character. Then, the next day at a young adult retreat on the discernment in prayer with the Humility of Mary sisters, Sr. Cheryl Rose speaks of this scripture passage to Matt, Tina and myself at lunch. I had shared with her that I had just read this passage the night before and felt God was trying to tell me something about the sudden feelings on marriage I was having versus making a decision to take vows and join the sisters. (As it is, I am in discernment to be an Associate with them and will be making my commitment this Saturday.)

Then, after lunch, as we were back in Mother Madeline's room, Mae brings up how she opened The Bible during her personal time earlier that morning and landed on Isaiah 30:21 and felt God was telling her to share this scripture b/c someone in the room desperately needed to hear it and to focus on it. Well, Sr. Cheryl's mouth dropped open and both Matt and Tina turned to look at me w/ shock and disbelief on their faces. I could only silently chuckle and tell God that I was listening, but I was having trouble focusing.

On Good Friday, I went to see my Tetelestai family and watch the final prayerformance of the season. I shared my dilemma w/ my friend Matt who played the role of Jesus that night and he gave his Mona Lisa smile and told me I needed to take time out and silently listen. That maybe the wrestler I met was for a reason but not the reason I'm thinking and that maybe marriage is on my mind b/c my heart is considering taking vows and declaring a marriage to Christ. Pretty profound for Matt. (If you knew him personally, you're probably asking yourself if he had a beer in his hand and was trying to impress someone, but this was not the case.) Two days later, I was chatting online with my sassy, spunky blond Sister-in-Christ and fellow Tetelestai cast member, Angela, when she gave me pretty much the same advice as Matt. So God is definitely trying to tell me something. I just need to break the thick sheet of glass and clear my focus so I can hear His Word and can keep moving in the path He has laid out for me.